[Peace-discuss] fyi

ewj ewj at pigs.ag
Sun May 27 23:51:14 UTC 2018

i am not on "meds" postsurgery that have deranged me if that is the implication . No pain meds. I am always like this. On 2018-05-28 07:24 , Karen Aram via Peace-discuss Wrote: Ignore him, a friend of Carl’s, living in Beijing, just undergone surgery and on meds. He’s really a nice guy, but like Carl,,,,,, On May 27, 2018, at 16:17, ewj <ewj at pigs.ag> wrote: The tootsiepop owl method suggests four as minimum number of children with seven or eight being a full complement. As to whether or not they can be afforded the answer is always no.  No one knows how it will turn out.   Don't let them tell you that your personal restriction of family size is doing good.  It is nonsense.  those same folk would seek to tell you that your vote means anything in the mass scale of things. On 2018-05-27 23:03 , bjornsona--- via Peace-discuss Wrote: Personal views on what the appropriate size of one's family ought to be, and how many children one can support, both from the father's perspective and the mother's perspective, vary greatly from economic cycle to country, cultural, religious viewpoint, and especially in wartime as we know. Views on how many children can be supported also frequently vary between the father and the mother. (In which case, I, of course, am on the side of the person having or choosing to co-operate with God, aka the Life Force of the Universe, the Higher Power, the 9-10 months of growing a zygote-fetus-into a beautiful child.) I am interested in how agendas on contraception & sterilization change over different countries, political parties & oppressed peoples. One would think fundamentalist Christians seeing Revelation being fulfilled would look at the verse saying Woe to those with child and be for contraception. Cognition dissonance is their str ength. Or am I projecting again? Sent from my LG Phoenix 2, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone ------ Original message------ From: C G Estabrook via Peace-discuss Date: Sun, May 27, 2018 9:18 AM To: David Enstrom; Cc: Peace-discuss List;Karen Aram; Subject:Re: [Peace-discuss] fyi Don’t be ridiculous. Population stabilizes with development and social justice. People aren’t poor because they have too many children. People have too many children because they’re poo r - an extended family in the only form of social security in societies lacking social justice.  On May 27, 2018, at 9:06 AM, David Enstrom via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote: Che's remark shows an ignorance of the relationships between over population, individual suffering, environmental degradation and WAR.   Che clearly not a demographer.   On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 8:51 AM C G Estabrook via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote: The US contraceptive and anti-natal policies were meant to reduce the population pressures for social justice in America’s semi-colonies, particularly in Latin America. Hence Che’s remark. On May 27, 2018, at 8:39 AM, Karen Aram via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote: Fear of forced sterilization is not an excuse for preventing a woman’s choice over her body. In fact, forcing childbirth is little different from forced sterilization. Killing the unborn, we’re speaking of seeds and fetuses not babies, is not the same thing as killing children already born, living their lives.  On May 27, 2018, at 03:45, C G Estabrook via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote: The US has long sponsored contraceptive and anti-natal policies in Latin America. (Not, for the most part, so brutally as Israel’s sterilization programs for Bedouins, African refugees, etc.) Che Guevara is supposed to have attacked those programs by saying, “It’s easier to kill a guerrilla in the womb than in the hills."   On May 26, 2018, at 11:10 PM, David Enstrom via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net> wrote: https://theintercept.com/2018/05/26/uganda-american-aid-birth-control/ _______________________________________________ Peace-discuss mailing list Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net https://lists.chambana.net/mailman/listinfo/peace-discuss _______________________________________________ Peace-discuss mailing list Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net https://lists.chambana.net/mailman/listinfo/peace-discuss _______________________________________________ Peace-discuss mailing list Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net https://lists.chambana.net/mailman/listinfo/peace-discuss _______________________________________________ Peace-discuss mailing list Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net https://lists.chambana.net/mailman/listinfo/peace-discuss _______________________________________________ Peace-discuss mailing list Peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net https://lists.chambana.net/mailman/listinfo/peace-discuss