[Peace-discuss] Chomsky on Trump in Truthout of April this year.

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Tue May 29 07:24:03 UTC 2018

It is an interesting piece to reflect upon.

I never liked Donald Trump at all during the 30 or so years that he has
been in the public eye.
I would have voted for him because of the unfathomable contempt that I
hold toward the Clintons and their ilk.
I didnt bother to vote, as it is a real pain at the embassy and in
Illinois my opinion would have been
negated by "10,000 dumbasses in Chicago who dont know shit from Shinola"
as Dr. Ott was fond of saying.

I like living in Beijing.  Life is very good here, much better than
anything I experienced in the USA.

I was here in the 90's and I lived like the graduate students do which
is a pretty low level.
"People in China ain't got nothin'" Forrest Gump said, or something like
that, and it really was
still true in the 90's.  If you found a good solid fruit jar with a lid,
that was your teacup and a prized
possession. I ate breakfast for 12 cents a day in 1996-98.  My income
was low enough that I could demonstrate
that I really didnt need to file a 1040.  I do recall scouring my desk
and bags for
enough money to eat breakfast.  There were few cars in Beijing and your
bicycle was your car.

Contrast that a few days ago I ordered a Wacom Cintiq 13hd monitor to
assist my training lectures from JD.com
after 5 pm and it arrived at the doorstep of my home in Changping
(northwest Beijing near the mountains) in 18 hours.
I ordered it from my cell phone from my hospital bed in the PLA's 309th
Hospital in Haidian (north of the summer palace).
Robert Crumb's Zap #0 City of the Future is largely a reality in many
ways but I still have to use the toilet,
albeit that is much more comfortable than in the 90s.

If I were back in Urbana I would have to contend with the Lawn Police
and the Woodpile Police
who steal your woodpile and fine you for having one.
If I were in an elevator in Chicago, chances are that I would be
outnumbered 3 to 1 by people
who by their own free will voted for HC.  Not a pretty thought. Talk
about being a Stranger in a Strange Land!
More like Frodo and Sam in passive-aggressive Mordor, if ya ask me.

Most of my ancestors arrived in Virginia and the Carolinas in the mid to
late 1700s from England and Scotland.
They fought the bloody Brits in the Revolutionary War.  One was a
officer under Mad Anthony Wayne which is
how that name got into the Johnson family tree, same place where Marion
Morrison waxed mad.
One branch goes back to New York and the Sidowskys (Sandusky) from
Poland and the fur trader for whom Sandusky
Ohio is named, and Gilliaume Greig (aka Killian Creek) who was a sort of
stone and brick guy from Germany,
and the McGhees who built the first grain mill in Illinois.  My mothers
family is a long line of teachers
going back many generations.   The Johnsons settled in White county IL
and the other parts of the
family settled in Saline and Hamilton counties.  They were Baptists and
Methodists.
Most of 'em are laid to rest in Little Springs Cemetery at Little
Springs Church in now remote
Flannigan Township.  The first ones to arrive there had fought the
bloody Brits, others were farmers,
storekeepers, physicians, botanists, university researchers,
schoolteachers.  Little Springs Baptsts
had shaped note hymnals with wrinkly brown covers and four-part
harmonies that smelled like old
hymnals in an old Baptist church.  Most had pianos at home but
hardshells sang a-capella.  They
always ate together after church, what they call potluck nowadays but
they didnt have a name for it that
I recall.  They baptized in farm ponds and deep spots in the creek.

My sons visited the cemetery there during the spring festival and live
streamed video back to my cell phone
here in Beijing as they walked among the tombstones. It was surreal that
such technology is available.
I was moved to something way past tears.  I had helped carry
my greatgrandmother there in 1974.  There are the stones that mark the
graves of my parents, grandparents,
near and distant relatives, neighbors.  When i was a small boy we used
to play in the cemetery while
our elders cooked and talked.  We looked to see who could find the
oldest graves or the most illegible stones
or marvel at the rocks that marked some.  As children we didnt
understand what was going on there but
we were beneficiaries of it.  Deadpool called it the F-word. Family.
What the Greeks called στοργή storge.

Most of the folk around there have died off like my ancestors or moved
away like me.
These communities are near 100% white not so much because they are
racist or xenophobic
but more because there is nothing there for non-whites to eat.
Such counties in southern Illinois have roughly the same population that
they had 100 years ago.
Lots of those folk dont generally bother to vote as it aint their concern.
They turned out in record numbers to vote Against The Bitch.
They voted as high as 85-87% for Trump (against HC).

*
The author of the article says that Trump is racist, misogynist,
xenophobic and erratic.
There isnt much evidence that he is racist.  Perhaps he is less so than
the average New York White Guy.
Misogynist?  The press is fond of saying that he likes the ladies too
much.  They have a way of saying
it in Arkansas that I cant quite express here.

Xenophobic?  There are bad guys in the world.
Go on, invite 'em into your treasure room, Hezekiah, you dipshit.
And dont ya know that those pistachios dont pick themselves.
Just drive into LA with your pickup truck and recruit some help...

Erratic? or Machiavellian?

Homophobic?  In my opinion Trump is pretty much in the Fag-Enabler category.
The real issue seems to be lascivious behaviour and a breakdown in the
fabric of
the society.  The monkeys seem willing.

*
I have been an admirer of Chomsky's frankness and intellect..
He has done a lot of good for the people.

He rightly goes after McConnell and Ryan the Weinermobile boy. McConnell
reminds
me of some sort of evil deep sea creature from an alternative universe.
If you look up feminine hygiene device in the dictionary Ryan's picture
should be there.
Nozzle sold separately.

I am genuinely surprised to see Chomsky attacking Trump from the standpoint
that Trump is doing this president thing for the money.  I never much
liked Trump
but I dont see that this is for the money.

Is Chomsky genuinely suggesting that the world would be better off
with the The Bitch (and Bill) back in the White House.
I heard Ian Anderson croaking out Locomotive Breath on YouTube.
There comes a time to hang it up for some.  He can still play the flute
like anything.

I think the key issue with Chomsky has become the whole global warming
euphemistically Climate Change thing.  Protecting the environment is
everybody's
business.  Sometimes Beijing is like Granite City in 1964.  Things are
better.
It aint worse than 1996 but it is nightmarishly bad on the south of Beijing
on cool damp days with no breeze.  a bit better now.

Pollution is bad.  Global warming seems to be meteorism not meteorology.
Fang pi they say in the local dialect.
Chomsky is not a meteorologist and he has become oversold
on the idea of climate change, tragically.
Something falling from the sky.
Must be swastikas.

Chomsky really thinks we'd all be better off with The Evil Bitch?