[Peace-discuss] Incident during demo this afternoon

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:02:13 UTC 2018

At the demonstration this afternoon I picked a sign that said "The military
does not protect my "freedom."

Sometime after 20:30, A middle aged woman and man crossed Neil to the
southeast corner of Neil and Main where I was standing. She walked up to me
and firmly shoved the sign, knocking me slightly backwards causing me to
drop the sign.

I accused her of assault, and while she and and the man tried to debate the
issue with me, I called 911. The fellow implied that I was wimpish for
caring about being shoved by a woman. They stood there while I asked the
police to send a squad car over. While on the phone, I followed them down
Main Street going east, and watched them turn into the PNC parking lot. I
told the 911 officer that I was following them, and he told me not to. I
obeyed his orders (I regret doing so).

I went back to the corner and waited for a police officer, which took
several minutes. An officer came and took my account of the incident and
descriptions of them. He also of course took my personal info, including
even my height and weight.

He proceeded to drive around for a while and returned to report that he had
not sighted them. No further action was advised or promised by him.

David Green