[Peace-discuss] FW: Help us fight the industry attacks

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 24 15:04:51 UTC 2018

From: Healthcare-NOW! [mailto:email at healthcare-now.org]
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 7:19 AM
To: David Johnson
Subject: Help us fight the industry attacks

Industry's Battle Plan Revealed

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

Image removed by sender. alt_text

Democratic Opposition

David - One day we're going to have to fight GOP leaders to enact Medicare for All. But for now, our opposition comes from Democrats.

A new bombshell report <https://www.healthcare-now.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=95845&qid=10194983>  from The Intercept reveals how leading Democratic consultants are working with industry to derail Medicare for All.

 <https://www.healthcare-now.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=95846&qid=10194983> DONATE NOW

>From the report: "Over the summer, leading pharmaceutical, insurance, and hospital lobbyists formed the Partnership for America’s Health Care Future, an ad hoc alliance of private health interests, to curb support for expanding Medicare. They've tapped consulting firms with deep ties to Democratic officials to help disseminate their messaging to the party's candidates and the public."

Here's a slide from a presentation by the coalition:

 <https://www.healthcare-now.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=95846&qid=10194983> Image removed by sender. alt_text

There is a battle going on right now for the soul of the Democratic party - and Medicare for All is at the heart of the struggle.

Next year, our legislative leaders will have a chance to push the single payer agenda forward. But with attacks coming from within the party, whether or not they will do so will depend on the commitment of the grassroots.

We need your support to go into 2019 strong! Please give to Healthcare-NOW at this crucial juncture for the Medicare for All movement!

 <https://www.healthcare-now.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=95846&qid=10194983> DONATE NOW

We're not going to accept "defending the ACA" anymore - and now that the Democrats have control of the House, we don't have to.

In solidarity,

Ben and Stephanie

Healthcare-NOW staff

 <https://www.healthcare-now.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=95847&qid=10194983> Image removed by sender. alt_text

@HCNOW

 <https://www.healthcare-now.org/wp-content/plugins/civicrm/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=95846&qid=10194983> Image removed by sender. alt_text

DONATE

Healthcare-NOW is a grassroots organization that fights to end the health insurance crisis by educating and advocating for improved Medicare-for-All legislation, such as H.R. 676. You can unsubscribe from Healthcare-NOW's email list here <https://www.healthcare-now.org/civicrm-base-page?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe&reset=1&jid=11429&qid=10194983&h=892599a07dd48f47> .

View as a Web Page

9A Hamilton Place
Boston, MA 02108
United States