[Peace-discuss] Anyone want this book?

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Nov 28 17:53:32 UTC 2018

"For as soon as the distribution of labour comes into being, each man has a
particular exclusive sphere of activity, which is forced upon him and from
which he cannot escape. He is a hunter, a fisherman, a shepherd, or a
critical critic and must remain so if he does not wish to lose his means of
livelihood; while in communist society, where nobody has one exclusive
sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he
wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible
for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning,
to fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticize after
dinner, just as I have in mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman,
shepherd or critic."

- Karl Marx, *The German Ideology*

===

Robert Reuel Naiman