[Peace-discuss] [Peace] AWARE demo - it's very wet...

kmedina67 kmedina67 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 14:14:51 UTC 2018

" MacLaren was capable of remarkable feats of memory as shown by her elocutionary performances."
She claims Twain said it to her when she was young. Little girl,” he said earnestly, “keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
Twain, though i did not ever met him, did indeed have great skepticism about a lot. Including greatness. Fair enough.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect
Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.

- Karen Medina"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great"

-------- Original message --------From: "Carl G. Estabrook" <galliher at illinois.edu> Date: 10/8/18  07:03  (GMT-06:00) To: Karen Medina <kmedina67 at gmail.com> Cc: Mildred O'brien <moboct1 at aim.com>, Peace Discuss <peace-discuss at anti-war.net> Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] [Peace] AWARE demo - it's very wet...
I didn’t think that sounded like Twain, who had a settled skepticism about “the really great”:

"Mark Twain died in 1910, and this quotation first appeared in a book in 1938. The saying was based on the memory of Gay Zenola MacLaren who was recounting a childhood encounter with Twain…”

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/03/23/belittle-ambitions/