[Peace-discuss] Jason Stanley - fascism

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 16 04:22:26 UTC 2018

I think he only referred to Nazi Germany and Italy, past régimes, and then Hungary. Of course he left out many, for me, notably Ukraine (which Timothy Snyder defends), Israel and other candidates worldwide. In any case, yes, his arguments are too pat, and it is not clear just what his thoughts are about other régimes.

 He didn’t seem to me as bad as Snyder, but I haven’t looked into his other pronouncements. ...