[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Tell Congress: Don’t Let Trump Bring Back Banned Nukes >>

Szoke, Ron r-szoke at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 23 02:42:46 UTC 2018

From: Erica Fein <info at winwithoutwar.org<mailto:info at winwithoutwar.org>>
Subject: Tell Congress: Don’t Let Trump Bring Back Banned Nukes >>
Date: October 22, 2018

Trump and Bolton are shredding arms control. Tell Congress: Don’t let them bring back banned nukes!

[Win Without War]

Ron — Donald Trump just announced he intends to back out of the 30-year-old nuclear treaty that banned a new kind of dangerous nuclear bomb and ended the Cold War. [1]

This is terrifying. Trump is already building new nukes he thinks are “usable.” And there is already nothing stopping Trump from launching a nuclear bomb.

Now, Trump and his war cabinet are trampling the few nuclear safeguards we have and increasing the likelihood of a horrifying nuclear war.

But we have one massive piece of leverage. Trump can’t get the money to build his terribly dangerous new nukes without a thumbs-up from Congress.

So it’s up to us to make sure that when Trump comes asking for money from Congress to restart a Cold War-style arms race, your members of Congress don’t even consider saying yes. That means we’ve got to get loud — NOW.

Tell Congress: Don’t let Trump bring back banned nukes >><https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/tell-congress-dont-give-trump-new-nukes?source=em20181022&t=1&akid=2821%2E37829%2EbwguvH>

[https://s3.amazonaws.com/www-ak-assets/images/Sign_Now_Button_with_Shadow.png]<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/tell-congress-dont-give-trump-new-nukes?source=em20181022&t=2&akid=2821%2E37829%2EbwguvH>

The treaty Trump is scrapping was signed by Ronald Reagan. That’s right — the new nukes Trump is after were too dangerous for Reagan.

We simply cannot let a thin-skinned, short-tempered president who makes Twitter threats of nuclear annihilation actually get his hands on these horrible new nukes.

There’s no two ways around it: Ditching this treaty makes a nuclear war way more likely.

And the only way to change that is by drawing a hard line against giving Trump the incredibly dangerous new nuclear weapons he is after. That’s where we come in.

Tell Congress: Do not fund Trump’s new nukes.<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/act/tell-congress-dont-give-trump-new-nukes?source=em20181022&t=3&akid=2821%2E37829%2EbwguvH>

Thank you for working for peace,

Erica, Cassandra, Stephen, and the Win Without War team

---

[1] AP: "Trump says US will pull out of intermediate range nuke pact<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/14516?t=7&akid=2821%2E37829%2EbwguvH>"

[https://act.winwithoutwar.org/o.gif?akid=2821.37829.bwguvH]

Donate<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/winwithoutwar?refcode=emfooter&t=4&akid=2821%2E37829%2EbwguvH> [Like on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/winwithoutwar>     [Follow on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/winwithoutwar>

Win Without War is a project of the Center for International Policy.
1 Thomas Circle NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
(202) 656-4999 | info at winwithoutwar.org<mailto:info at winwithoutwar.org>

This email was sent to r-szoke at illinois.edu<x-msg://1/#>. Email is the most important way for us to reach you about opportunities to act. If you'd like to receive fewer mailings, click here<http://act.winwithoutwar.org/signup/receive_fewer_emails/?t=5&akid=2821%2E37829%2EbwguvH>. If you need to remove yourself from our email list, click here to unsubscribe<http://act.winwithoutwar.org/unsubscribe/unsubscribe/?t=6&akid=2821%2E37829%2EbwguvH>.