[Peace-discuss] "Hate" according to SPLC

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 17:56:55 UTC 2019

This whole SPLC set-up strikes me as fraudulent in the extreme. I don’t
know how else to describe it. They have a team of people investigating
these groups. They have to know that they’re inflating the danger. They
know that when they report “over 1,000” hate groups in America, they’ve
deliberately excluded membership numbers in order to sound as scary as
possible. They’re perpetrating a deception, because they don’t want you to
know that groups like the “Asatru Folk Assembly <http://www.runestone.org/>”
are no political threat. The SPLC has continuously sent out terrifying lies
to make old people part with their money. They’ve become fantastically
wealthy from telling people that individual kooks in Kennesaw are “hate
groups” on the march. And they’ve done far less with the money they receive
than any other comparable civil rights group will do. To me, this is a scam
bordering on criminal mail fraud. If you tell people things that aren’t
true so that you can take their money and then not use that money for the
thing you said you would use it for, you’re a fraudster. I hestitate to say
that because I know lots of great people who have worked at the SPLC, and
good work is done there. But the Morris Dees model is a scam: It finds as
much “hate” as possible in order to make as much money as possible.

If you trawl through the Hate Map for a little while like I did, you may
also feel uncomfortable for another reason. Most of the people they’re
listing as threats seem as if they are poor and unschooled. I bet if you
compared the average annual salary of the SPLC staff to the average salary
of the people in these hate groups, you’d find a massive class divide.
Whether it’s poor Black people joining weird sects like the United
Nuwaupians, or poor white people getting together and calling themselves
things like the “Folkgard of Holda & Odin,” these are people on society’s
margins. A lot of this seems to be educated liberals having contempt for
and fear of angry rednecks.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2019/03/the-southern-poverty-law-center-is-everything-thats-wrong-with-liberalism