[Peace-discuss] anti-neoconservative notes

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Apr 16 02:42:58 UTC 2019

It's getting more difficult to separate the notes into anti-neoconservative
and anti-neoliberal because some issues span both. War is big business,
spying is big business, people are rightly objecting to both because the
poor fight in US wars and the US exploits the poor for their labor (in the
American "all-volunteer" military).

With that, here are some topics to spur discussion for AWARE on the Air.

Assange's arrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW146MI_b6k -- RT's "CrossTalk" on Assange.
A good summary of where things stand and why Assange was arrested. It's
quite clear that Manning was put back into prison to provide the US with a
case against Assange -- if Manning could be forced to claim that Assange
helped provide access to systems which held the sensitive material Manning
leaked to WikiLeaks, Assange could more easily be portrayed as a leaker,
not just a journalist, and jailed as was Manning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_igpOiBQE -- How the corporate and
corporate-friendly media turned on WikiLeaks and Assange: he went from
celebrated leaker to "useful idiot". Interesting that these same news
organizations, despite being given a warning that something was about to
happen to Assange in "hours or days" (per WikiLeaks' tweet) couldn't be
bothered to set a dead-rolling camera outside the Ecuadorian embassy. RT's
Ruptly did. And that's why these news organizations are now forced to
license Ruptly's footage of Assange being forced out of the embassy; all
the other organizations left the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7gpuGQcAo -- Jeremy Corbyn on Assange's
arrest:
> I've made it very clear all along that if there are allegations which
> Julian Assange needs to answer of sexual issues, sexual attacks that may
> or may not have taken place in Sweden then it's a matter for the courts
> to decide but I do think he should answer those questions. My objection
> was to his extradition to the United States because I do believe that
> WikiLeaks told us the truth about what was actually happening in
> Afghanistan and in Iraq.

Pamela Anderson on Julian Assange's arrest:

https://twitter.com/pamfoundation/status/1116294393533796352

> I am in shock.. I couldn’t hear clearly what he said? He looks very bad.
> How could you Equador ? (Because he exposed you). How could you UK. ? Of
> course - you are America’s bitch and you need a diversion from your
> idiotic Brexit bullshit.
>
> And the USA ? This toxic coward of a President He needs to rally his
> base? - You are selfish and cruel. You have taken the entire world
> backwards. You are devils and liars and thieves. And you will ROTT And
> WE WILL RISE ✊

Free Assange protests are happening around the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK1PEaLCdPc -- New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miVBKLKYSbo -- Belmarsh Prison in London
where Assange is being held
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUf5qMhLxs -- UK: Vivienne Westwood and
other protestors elsewhere in the UK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETBgZEvH2uQ -- Sydney, Australia and
Washington, D.C.

Rumors of (more) war

Iran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4WWp-TaGn8 -- War hawks are increasing
their interest in Iran

Venezuela
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dav9ioL22ZQ -- "Military options in
Venezuela" are discussed in secret meeting. Docs are obtained by Grayzone
Project, Max Blumenthal is interviewed.

-J