[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Fw: [Discuss] Kentucky coal miners ( Harlan County)

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:02:47 UTC 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Green <davegreen84 at yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, Aug 1, 2019, 6:01 PM
Subject: Fw: [Discuss] Kentucky coal miners ( Harlan County)
To: David Green <davidgreen50 at gmail.com>

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

----- Forwarded Message -----
*From:* "Lynn Stuckey via Discuss-CommunityCourtwatch" <
discuss-communitycourtwatch at lists.chambana.net>
*To:* "discuss list" <discuss at communitycourtwatch.org>, "discuss list" <
discuss-communitycourtwatch at lists.chambana.net>
*Cc:*
*Sent:* Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 5:48 PM
*Subject:* [Discuss] Kentucky coal miners  ( Harlan County)
Dear friends,

I'm operating on the assumption folks have heard about the coal miners of
Harlan County, Kentucky, who are blocking a coal train from leaving their
county.

The miners worked for a company that abruptly declared bankruptcy, and that
company issued stop payment orders on the last paychecks the miners got.
Basically, the miners were not paid for their last few weeks of work.

Does anyone on this list have any contacts with organizations that may be
assisting the miners?  I can't drive down to Harlan, and I would prefer to
see any assistance I might be able to offer get routed through a good
organization.

Thanks for your help.

Lynn Stuckey