[Peace-discuss] AWARE on the Air #489 notes

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Aug 7 00:59:48 UTC 2019

AWARE on the Air #489
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5X4YwPPnZU

Joseph Bauers on "Why are we still in Afghanistan?"
https://www.news-gazette.com/opinion/letter-to-the-editor-why-are-we-still-in-afghanistan/article_27334e6a-e7d2-58ed-ad47-3e67b457c02e.html

Jonathan Swan on "Lindsey Graham tries to talk Trump out of Afghanistan
pullout by 2020"
https://www.axios.com/afghanistan-lindsey-graham-donald-trump-2020-election-5092323e-b8e1-4527-8808-a8125392dadf.html

Paul Craig Roberts on "Tulsi Gabbard: R.I.P."
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2019/08/05/tulsi-gabbard-r-i-p/

Gary Brecher (pseudonym of John Dolan) on "Tanker Games"
This article might be available on a subscription basis (such as a magazine
or part of Brecher's Patreon-published work), but I couldn't find a pointer
to a copy of this article available gratis to all.

Related: Radio War Nerd
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qV1M0aujeZ582k4gaD9wA/videos

Related: The War Nerd articles across multiple archives
http://pando.com/author/garybrecher/ -- PandoDaily (November 2013 -
November 2015)
https://www.nsfwcorp.com/desk/war-nerd/ -- NSFWCorp (September
2012-November 2013)
http://www.exile.ru/articles/list.php?IBLOCK_ID=35&SECTION_ID=156 -- The
Exile (April 2002 - May 2008)
http://exiledonline.com/cat/war-nerd/ -- The Exiled Online (April
2011-September 2012)

teleSUR interview with Janna Jihad, a 13-year-old Palestinian activist and
journalist on tour of the US in Washington, DC, talking about what life is
like for children under occupation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTZUDAODuYI

Aaron Maté's new show "Push Back with Aaron Maté" interviewing co-founder
of Electronic Intifada Ali Abunimah about the recent Congressional support
for an anti-BDS bill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSi3hqnY2u8

-J