[Peace-discuss] [Peace] News from Neptune #431 notes

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 8 15:53:01 UTC 2019

Carl:

I have nothing but respect for your long term anti-war stand, focusing on history, based upon knowledge, and reality, connecting the dots as very few are able. Nonetheless I find your focus on electoral politics, defense of Trump, and now support for Tulsi Gabbard disturbing.

I don't like to get personal, but the very fact, that you have always blamed the Democrat Party for US wars, but now support a Democrat, Tulsi because she talks the talk, though walk the walk, she will never do, given the power of the DNC. No different than the GOP, they both prevent any candidate/President within the two Party system, from doing anything other than that which they are told, tells me your sudden support for a Democrat, is because she divides the Democratic Party, thus ensuring a Republican wins the next election. Global warming is a very serious issue, and with a Republican in office, we have no hope. Chomsky makes this very clear.

One who truly supports anti-war supports a third Party candidate and focuses on uniting groups rather than dividing.

True anti-imperialists won’t support a Democrat or Republican candidate no matter what they say, because foreign policy will continue unabated under either administration.

I say this in reference to the fact that your public condemnation of Carol Ammons, when she abstained from supporting BDS, was non stop, requiring Carol visit the local Green Party to explain her situation, thus staining the local Green Party and AWARE.  Carol’s abstention had little impact, while Tulsi’s voting against BDS has severe ramifications and provides us with a glimpse of what she would likely do if elected. Your reference to Carol on the AWARE FB website, as “whining,” in defending her actions, is trivial and personal.