[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Trump in Afghanistan

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Mon Dec 2 02:16:55 UTC 2019

The people who are most opposed to making a deal that would see US troops withdrawn from Afghanistan are the neocons/CIA/Democrats who want to maintain the US policy of war and war provocations  against Russia and China. They’re afraid that Trump will make such a deal and interfere with belligerent US policy: that’s why he has to be removed.

The US originally sent jihadists into Afghanistan in the Carter adminstrtion “to give the Russians a Vietnam of their own," as Z. Brzezinski said. (The Obama administration tried the same thing in Syria.) See <https://www.counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/>.

The US invasion in October of 2001 was ostensibly to get Bin Laden, so the Afghan government offered to deliver hm to a third country for trial, but the US didn’t take up the offer. Again, the US goal was not Bin Laden, but Russia.

—CGE