[Peace-discuss] Robert Reich’s letter to ‘MoveOn’ CORRECTED

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 05:40:18 UTC 2019

> By “corruption is blatant,” you mean Trump’s phone call to Zelensky?
Extortion for personal gain is corrupt, yes, but I was thinking more along
the lines of having his personal lawyer do negotiations on behalf of the
United States.

Even Al Capone was not tried for his real crimes.

I would prefer that people cared about the issues that Trump is
intentionally ignoring: climate change, the Nuclear Posture Review,
deregulation, health care, war and peace; while he is doling out lavish
gifts to the wealth and the corporate sector—namely the tax bill and
massive deregulation (including by having people like Scott Pruitt be the
head of the EPA, and then when he stepped down, hiring his underling Andrew
Wheeler to be indefinite acting administrator -- as just one example).
FWIW, Wheeler's main goal is to reduce government regulations on industries
that generate greenhouse gases.

Trump's other skill is pretending to be opposed to abortion and for gun
rights and against immigrants, those are all lessons from past presidential
candidates.

Basically, Trump is wasting our country's time.