[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Flyer to distributed at Dec.7 demo

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Tue Dec 3 14:24:04 UTC 2019

Of course the flyer is not “defending Trump” (nor implying him “innocent”!) but pointing out that the political establishment (the Democrat party, the “intelligence community’ [CIA/FBI/NSA], the NYT & WaPo et al.) is deflecting criticism of the US government’s criminal war policy (which of course includes Venezuela and Bolivia, which the flyer should mention) into a demand to replace Trump.

“IMPEACH TRUMP!” Is a disingenuous alternative to “BRING ALL US TROOPS HOME!"

And the political establishment is doing that in *defense* of US war-making, as 'Russiagate' shows. Trump was the first major party candidate since George McGovern to criticize US war policy: the political establishment are afraid he may act on those criticisms (e.g., withdraw from Afghanistan, Syria, and elsewhere).

—CGE