[Peace-discuss] Via Kim Carlson

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Sun Dec 22 02:16:26 UTC 2019

Paula Densnow is in FB jail yet again for telling the inconvenient truth. I shared this post of hers a while back, but considering the dismal state of affairs, it merits posting again.

"I got my nursing license and my last job long before the increasing repression started. I watched as the young ones were forced to give their fingerprints, pee in cups and pay for background checks, but that particular net skipped me.

Everyone adjusts to the new paradigm, no matter how outrageously oppressive.

When I told the young 'uns that we didn't used to submit to such indignities, that applying for a job was separate from being accused of a crime, they didn't believe me.

Surely, it was ever thus, that your boss had the power to make you prove yourself innocent, or be considered guilty.

Now I am watching as the tribe I used to belong to, the liberal tribe, is expertly herded towards acceptance of a police state and endless war.

They used to support free speech. Now they cheer on censorship and approve of physically attacking anyone who says something they don't like.

They used to support a free press. Now they yammer on about the need to censor, and they enthusiastically support the persecution of Julian Assange.

They used to distrust the CIA and the FBI. Now they viciously attack anyone who points out obvious lies and abuse of power by those agencies.

They used to oppose war. Now they scream about the Evil Russians and the Devious Chinese, the Horrible North Koreans and the Oppressed Syrians and Venezuelans, and happily support provocations to those countries (among others).

I am left standing here on the beach, feeling the sand slip away under my feet, as the tide goes out, and this country becomes more and more fascist, with my former tribe happily swimming with the sharks.

I value my Facebook friends around the world, who are also watching with horror, as the boot stomps on more and more faces.

Thank you for holding fast to your values."