[Peace-discuss] Beto's National Security Platform

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 18:38:47 UTC 2019

National Security Texans Can Trust

Congress has avoided its responsibility to provide oversight for the wars
the U.S. is fighting around the world. We’re at war in six countries right
now and fighting enemies that didn’t exist when Congress authorized the
global war on terrorism following 9/11. We need to support our service
members by ensuring this country has defined victory; has adopted a
comprehensive strategy to achieve it; and is willing to commit the
resources and leadership to see it through.

   - Provide the necessary financial resources and support to Texas
   military bases and facilities to ensure that they can accomplish their
   missions.
   - If we are to continue to put our service members in harm’s way,
   Congress owes the American people a debate and vote to give guidance to our
   military on who we should be fighting and where.
   - Acknowledge that we cannot kill our way to achieving our goals, nor
   should we put the entire weight of U.S. foreign policy on the backs of our
   service members.
   - Congress must work with our military leaders to clearly define victory
   so that our service members and our citizens know what we are fighting for.
   - We must pay for the total cost of war as we wage it, by ensuring that
   those who have borne the battle will have the support (education,
   healthcare, housing and otherwise) they have earned once they are veterans.