[Peace-discuss] (from CodePink) Help! Tell Europe Not to Join Pompeo’s War on Iran

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:55:29 UTC 2019

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Help! Tell Europe Not to Join Pompeo’s War on Iran
Date: 	Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:23:49 +0000 (UTC)
From: 	Medea Benjamin, CODEPINK <info at codepink.org>
To: 	Stuart Levy <stuartnlevy at gmail.com>

CODEPINK - Communications
<https://www.codepink.org/europe?utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=1>CODEPINK.ORG
<https://www.codepink.org/europe?utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=1>

Say NO to the Pompeo
<https://www.codepink.org/europe?utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=2>

Dear Stuart,

We’ve seen this before, a mixture of fear-mongering, bullying, and lies
leading us down a path to war. While we just learned that National
Security Advisor John Bolton had asked the Pentagon for plans to bomb
Iran, *Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has just announced that the US
will host a summit on the Middle East in Warsaw, Poland on February
13-14.* Pompeo’s aim is to set the stage for an *unnecessary conflict*
with Iran.

Instead of a summit to confront Iran, we need the world to pressure the
United States to reenter the Iran nuclear deal after Trump’s unilateral
withdrawal and to lift the devastating sanctions it has imposed on
Iran.*Sign our letter asking EU countries to skip Pompeo’s belligerent
conference in Warsaw next month and instead convene a gathering on
Middle East peace that includes Iran.
<https://www.codepink.org/europe?utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=3>*

Pompeo claims Iran needs to be squeezed until it learns how to act like
a “normal country.” But Pompeo is leaning out of a glass house throwing
stones. Right after he announced the conference, he was in Saudi Arabia
cozying up to war criminal and bone-saw murderer Mohammed bin Salman.
What’s so normal about excusing the murder of journalists and supporting
the Saudi’s catastrophic war on Yemen?

All the other signatories to the Iran nuclear deal — France, UK, China,
Russia, Germany, and Iran — are still abiding by the deal. Only the US
has exited. In fact, the European countries are trying to find ways
around the US sanctions that affect their companies. It would not make
sense for them to join a US-Poland conference aimed at increasing
hostility towards Iran. *Sign our letter to the EU asking them not to
attend this summit but to create an alternative one with all the Middle
Eastern nations, including Iran. *
<https://www.codepink.org/europe?utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=5>

EU countries should pressure the US administration to rejoin the Iran
nuclear agreement and work with Iran, as well as all other nations in
the region, to end the conflicts that have been devastating the region.

Towards peace with Iran,
/*Medea and Lily, and the entire CODEPINK team*/

*P.S.* Join us this Saturday for the Women’s March! *Here*
<https://www.codepink.org/2019womenmarch?utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=6>
are materials you can download and all the locations where we will be.

Donate Now!
<http://www.codepink.org/donate_to_codepink?utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=7>

<https://www.codepink.org/r?u=YqgukYA3Mrlri-dqG7I8Tv3RQllTeyOv1OGtcURG_iY&e=38045e0b248b322e5a3a8b9d6b8774fb&utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=8>
<https://www.codepink.org/r?u=27Ax0UmWOX2J8J_QwK9Z6r2qLBwIWedhgT-uvxqVxdhWTZEmXkiqdsfRYGct9QhO&e=38045e0b248b322e5a3a8b9d6b8774fb&utm_source=codepink&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=iran_pompeo_1&n=9>