[Peace-discuss] FW: The Medicare for All Act of 2019

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 19 19:50:34 UTC 2019

From: Labor Campaign For Single Payer [mailto:laborcampaignforsinglepayer at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:35 PM
To: Mark Dudzic
Subject: The Medicare for All Act of 2019

Labor Campaign for Single-Payer

To: LCSP National Advisory Board and National Steering Committee

From: Mark Dudzic, National Coordinator

Yesterday the National Steering Committee voted to endorse the Medicare for All Act of 2019 which will be submitted by Representative Jayapal (D., WA) and to work with the bill's sponsors on rollout and promotion.  We also heard from Kelly Coogan-Gehr from NNU which is taking the lead in bill rollout and in organizing the national week of action February 9-13. The first task is to recruit additional cosponsors for the bill so that, when it is released in early February, more than one hundred Representatives stand with Pramilla Jayapal.

Attached is a sample email template.  We will be sending it out to our activist list.  I urge you to request that your organization send it out quickly through it's internal email lists and that you make every effort to encourage your members to call their Congressional Representatives. More information on the rollout and the week of action will be sent out shortly. The 202-858-1717 number has been provided by NNU.  It is a dedicated line that will connect the user with their specific Member of Congress by putting in their zip code. The number collects aggregate data about which Members have been called and how many. It does not capture any individual's personal data.

This is our moment! Our movement has compelled Congress to begin to address the overwhelming desire of the American people for expanded and  improved Medicare for All.  Victory will require unity, hard work and building grassroots power. Now is the time to redouble our efforts. In Solidarity.

Mark Dudzic

National Coordinator

201-314-2653