[Peace-discuss] Letter in response to my letter

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 16:17:29 UTC 2019

David inspired me, and I submitted my letter yesterday morning to the NG as a result of the one by Tomaras attempting to counter him.

I don’t know if mine will be printed, but I suggest others write one up also, we need to flood the NG with letters countering war and militarism which isn’t going away, we are now looking at permanent war, because its profitable and the potential for nuclear war given “anything can happen.”

My letter to the NG Editor yesterday:

When those who served in the military talk of "what a wonderful experience they and others had while with the US military, I ask, to what is it they are referring?  Is being cannon fodder, and part of an organization used to destroy and murder innocent people, a worthy endeavor?

Do they not notice the veterans suffering from PTSD, as well as crippling physical malady’s, suffered by many returning veterans? Do they not see the homeless, nor the recorded suicides of at least two a day, every day, of US veterans. This doesn't cover the numerous broken family's or the nightmares suffered as a result of their "service to their country."

I suggest speaking to “Veterans Against War,” those who served their country, only to return and become active opposing US imperialism and hegemony, whether Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan, due to the horrors suffered by our soldiers, as well as "inflicted upon others."

Its time the News Gazette stop glorifying wars that serve only to kill and enrich the corporate elites owning our government, wars that cripple our people while ensuring wealth for our major industry, weapons.