[Peace-discuss] could there be an estimate of Pentagon spending by census tract?

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 17:22:34 UTC 2019

Item in today's News-Gazette:

BUSINESS UPDATE

Lockheed Martin set for $142M expansion

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Lockheed Martin said Monday that it will spend
$142 million and hire 326 new workers over the next few years as it expands
its southern Arkansas facility.

The Maryland-based company announced the expansion of its plant in Camden,
about 85 miles southwest of Little Rock. The facility currently employs
about 700 workers.

Company officials told reporters on a conference call that the expansion
will be completed by 2024.

The expansion will support new construction and improve existing facilities
for products such as the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, the Army
Tactical Missile System and others, plus new machinery and equipment.