[Peace-discuss] World Without War: Emergency Appeal

Szoke, Ron r-szoke at illinois.edu
Thu Jun 20 18:03:45 UTC 2019

Stephen Miles <info at winwithoutwar.org>
Thu 6/20/2019 11:55 AM
		Szoke, Ron
Ron — we are in all-out crisis mode. Iran just shot down a U.S. drone — and whose airspace the drone was in is being disputed right now.
This marks a new escalation in a very tense situation — and with the Trump administration stacked with warmongers, we are scared we are witnessing the beginning of a war.
I'll give it to you straight: Win Without War is doing everything we can to try and stop a needless, costly, and destructive war with Iran. And we can't fall flat financially while we're fighting so hard for peace.
_________________________

Ron— we are on the brink of an absolutely unnecessary, catastrophic, and costly war with Iran.
After the oil tanker attacks last week, the Trump war cabinet instantly blamed Iran, ordered 1,000 more troops, and set their pro-Iran-war public relations campaign on full blast.
It is a MIRACLE missiles haven’t already been launched. We CANNOT let that happen.
We remember the Iraq War. We know the immense human horror and heartbreak that we are SO CLOSE to again — which is why Win Without War has been working flat-out to put an emergency break on this march to war through Congress, the media, and with allies around the world.
But Pompeo, Bolton, and Trump’s campaign is more aggressive, more extreme, and more sustained than anything we’ve faced in a very long time.
So I won’t mince words: we can’t fall short financially just as our campaign to stop war with Iran is reaching a back-breaking level of intensity.

Can you make a one-time emergency gift of $4 to sustain our work stopping war with Iran now?
If you've stored your info with ActBlue, we'll process your contribution instantly:
$4
$6
$8
$12
$16
OTHER AMOUNT

Regardless of who is responsible for the tanker attacks, the ensuing crisis and potential escalation toward war is literally because of the actions of Donald Trump and his war cabinet.
Since he took office, Trump has walked away from the historic Iran deal, waged economic warfare through suffocating sanctions, launched an administration-wide “maximum pressure” campaign of hostility and antagonism, and built up military forces in the Middle East with the express goal of “confronting Iran.”
In the past few days, we’ve also learned that behind closed doors, Mike Pompeo has been telling lawmakers that the 2001 AUMF — a law passed 18 YEARS ago in response to the 9/11 attacks — would give them authority to wage war against Iran.
We’re seeing Team Trump launch a public relations campaign selling anti-Iranian and anti-Muslim hate to set the stage for a destructive war with Iran. One by one, they’re trying to lock in everything they need to launch a war against Iran.
The good news is it looks like the public isn’t buying it. A recent poll showed just 32% of Americans approve of the way Trump is handling the situation with Iran. [1] And both the House and Senate have introduced legislation that would bar funding for an illegal, unauthorized war with Iran.
But we are in a race against time to stop Trump’s warmongers crossing over a self-determined threshold before bombs start to rain down.
We have been at this for MONTHS, and we could be at this for MONTHS MORE, and we need your support to keep up this break-neck pace:

Can you make a one-time emergency gift of $4 to sustain our work stopping war with Iran now?

Thank you for working for peace,
Stephen, Ben, Amy, and the Win Without War team
---
[1] CNN, "Survey"
Donate

© Win Without War Education Fund 2019
1 Thomas Circle NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20005
(202) 656-4999 | info at winwithoutwar.org