[Peace-discuss] July 4th parade - we're in. Signmaking 11am-1pm Sunday, probably in IMC Makerspace downstairs

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 23:29:21 UTC 2019

AWARE has a pro-peace/anti-war/anti-imperialist slot in the July 4th
parade - we're in! [*]

We have some signs but should make more.   If we're ambitious and have a
good idea we could try to paint a banner.

Let's have a signmaking party.    I'm suggesting this time and
(probable) place:

    Sunday 6/30, 11am - 1pm or so
    probably in the Makerspace space in the downstairs of the
Independent Media Center

If you have ideas for signs but can't make one, please let us know.[*]
I've set followups to peace-discuss, or you can write to me.

(There might be another chance for signmaking together on the Wednesday
evening of the 3rd.)

Who would be up for marching?

I think at least Carl plans to drive his convertible.   Carl, if we have
some posterboard signs is there a way we can attach one to your car?

[*] The year's parade theme is supposed to be "Flight in Space", for the
50th anniversary of the moon landing.

Deb Schrishuhn suggested, Peace should be as American as apple pie.   I
like this line! and included it in our parade application.   We should
make a sign that says so.