[Peace-discuss] "The Growing Antisemitism Scam"

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 15:40:20 UTC 2019

Also required reading:

https://www.versobooks.com/books/1764-the-holocaust-industry

Controversial indictment of those who exploit the tragedy of the Holocaust
for their own gain

In his iconoclastic and controversial study, Norman G. Finkelstein moves
from an interrogation of the place the Holocaust has come to occupy in
global culture to a disturbing examination of recent Holocaust compensation
settlements. It was not until the Arab–Israeli War of 1967, when Israel’s
evident strength brought it into line with US foreign policy, that memory
of the Holocaust began to acquire the exceptional prominence it has today.

Recalling Holocaust fraudsters such as Jerzy Kosiński and Binjamin
Wilkomirski, as well as the demagogic constructions of writers like Daniel
Goldhagen, Finkelstein contends that the main danger posed to the memory of
Nazism’s victims comes from some of the very people who profess most
passionately to defend it. Drawing on a wealth of untapped sources, he
exposes the double shakedown of European countries and legitimate Jewish
claimants, and concludes that the Holocaust industry has become an outright
extortion racket.

For my own minor contributions, see:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2005/03/19/the-holocaust-industry-comes-to-the-university-of-illinois/

https://www.counterpunch.org/2009/05/14/the-deportation-of-demjanjuk/