[Peace-discuss] AOTA #479 notes

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Thu May 9 00:16:22 UTC 2019

AWARE on the Air #479 notes
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg_5Icx5zvo

Links to references mentioned on the show.

Meeting between Lavrov and Pompeo at Arctic Council which did not include
Russiagate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsnNm0hJ6AQ

90-minute phone call between Trump and Putin regarding peace with DPRK
(North Korea)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNGXiFXBY-c

Patrick Buchanan on "Is Bolton Steering Trump Into War with Iran?"
https://buchanan.org/blog/is-bolton-steering-trump-into-war-with-iran-2-136946

Other articles from Buchanan: https://buchanan.org/blog/feed

Pompeo slams UK/US politicians who support Maduro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiKny4HZjJI

Related: "Boys go to Baghdad" show
RSS feed: https://rss.simplecast.com/podcasts/8754/rss
Show's description given by the show:

> “Boys go to Baghdad, but real men go to Tehran” was a joke in neocon
> circles during the Bush administration. We think it's a glimpse of how
> duplicitous U.S. foreign policy is. Here we counter the type of
> propaganda that justified the invasion of Iraq, and continues to justify
> bitch-ass policy against Iran and countless other nations today.

Hosted by Naomi Karavanni from "Redacted Tonight" & Michele Greenstein, RT
correspondent from "News with Rick Sanchez"

Democracy Now on "Ex-Blackwater CEO Erik Prince Makes a Comeback Under
Trump Selling Mercenary Armies Around the World"
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/05/06/ex-blackwater-ceo-erik-prince-makes-comeback-under-trump-selling-mercenary-armies

Venezuelan embassy in Washington, D.C.: The GrayZone's Anya Parampil
reports from inside embassy under siege on Jimmy Dore show and debunks
Venezuelan coup in-person on Fox News
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUq7ZWTzNxM -- Jimmy Dore show interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apCKhc3NON8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrLgOYvR6No -- Parampil on Fox News

Members of the Council on Foreign Relations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Members_of_the_Council_on_Foreign_Relations

Venezuelan coup continues despite setbacks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8rnWIRrpW0 -- CNN analysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLFlLtiPak -- RT analysis

US-led 2009 Honduran coup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3_iWmQjrBw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6mi2WaImVI -- Hillary Clinton's hawkishness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JptGVwDFvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2YsSNI1U80 -- Obama's coup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyS4BY-TfA -- Grayzone report & interview

Ben Norton on "Fake news: CNN falsely claims US-appointed Venezuelan coup
leader Guaidó was ‘elected’"
https://thegrayzone.com/2019/05/06/cnn-venezuela-fake-news-guaido-elected/
http://web.archive.org/web/20190505220126/https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/05/americas/venezuela-military-helicopter-crash/index.html
-- archived copy of CNN's article

Lee Camp on how pro-Maduro (anti-coup) protestors are being treated by
pro-Guaidó (pro-coup) protestors at Venezuelan embassy in Washington, D.C.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5xyr1_DhpA

US House of Representatives website -- find your representative by zipcode
https://house.gov/

Anya Parampil on "US State Department publishes, then deletes sadistic
Venezuela hit list boasting of economic ruin"
https://thegrayzone.com/2019/05/06/us-state-department-publishes-then-deletes-sadistic-venezuela-hit-list-boasting-of-economic-ruin/

https://thegrayzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/US-Department-of-State-Venezuela-actions.pdf
-- the posted and later withdrawn fact sheet

Mao Zedong quote from
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/575623-everything-under-heaven-is-in-utter-chaos-the-situation-is
:
> Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.

Code Pink actions regarding Venezuela
https://www.codepink.org/venezuela

Greg Palast on correcting US media coverage of Venezuelan coup including
claims that the support for the coup is correlated with racism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeNCbXVHrR8 -- According to Palast, skin
color (race) is a significant factor in the US-led Venezuelan coup:

At 6m33s in Jimmy Dore's interview of Greg Palast, Palast said:

> Greg Palast [...] And who is this guy, Juan Guaidó, by the way, that
> Trump has said is recognized as president, that declared himself
> President -- just so you know, he's not someone who said 'The election
> was stolen from me'. He literally never ran for president. He's this
> 35-year-old white guy and that's really at the heart -- that's the other
> thing that Trump likes: he speaks good English, he hung out with the
> right-wing think tanks in Washington, went to George Washington
> University, he's a rich guy, he's a white guy, and that's really, really
> important in a black nation. In a mestizo -- a nation which is made up
> of about 70% mestizos, that is people, as Chavez told me, a combination
> of "negro y indio" as he said "black and indigenous". That's the
> majority of people in Venezuela. But they're finding a white guy to run
> it.
>
> Jimmy Dore: And just a second, before we get to that because that's a
> very interesting twist that no one else is reporting except you, and
> now we will also be reporting that. And so that's, again, very easy for
> us to be better than every other journalist in the country. And outside
> the country.
There's more about this elsewhere in this multi-part interview which also
includes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs-FiLFFDnk .

Greg Palast on "In Venezuela, White Supremacy is a Key to Trump’s Coup"
https://www.gregpalast.com/in-venezuela-white-supremacy-is-a-key-to-trump-coup

-J