[Peace-discuss] Rodney Davis Memorial Day message excerpt

David Green davidgreen50 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 14:53:41 UTC 2019

"We remembered the life and service of Petty Officer Logan Palmer by
dedicating the Harristown post office as the Logan S. Palmer Post Office.
Logan died serving our country when a tanker collided with the USS John
McCain in 2017. *The year Logan died, our nation lost more service members
to accidents than we did in combat. That’s unacceptable. *

Last Congress, we ended the decade-long cuts that had depleted our military
readiness and contributed to the increase of accidents. We can’t go back.
We owe it to our service members and their families to adequately fund our
military."

Actually, it is acceptable for Davis and most of his colleagues, for
obvious reasons.