[Peace-discuss] Balderdash from the pro-war political establishment

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Wed Nov 20 17:54:21 UTC 2019

[A mail-out from a Democratic party front group]

Dear MoveOn member,

We're in trouble, and it's time to wake up.

In our most recent survey, 57.2% of MoveOn members said that they believe that Donald Trump will be defeated in 2020. But new polling tells a very different story that should send chills down our spines.

According to a new poll from The New York Times, the presidential election in 2020, just like in 2016, will most likely be decided by a few hundred thousand votes spread across the critical swing states of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, and Arizona—as those states will tip the Electoral College to the winner. New data shows a statistical dead heat or even an advantage for Trump in every single one of these states.1

It gets worse. Even as Trump's national approval rating has cratered, his edge in the states that will likely decide the election has grown since 2016.2 And if you think that it's still too early to rely on polling data, here's the harsh truth: In the last three presidential elections, head-to-head polling one year out from Election Day has been just as close to the final result as polls taken the day before the election.3

These polls are a stark reminder that we cannot rely on impeachment—or on Trump's unpopularity, cruelty, and ineptitude—to hand us an election victory. 2020 is likely to be the most hard-fought and important election in our lifetimes, and there is not a moment to waste.

MoveOn is ready to meet this moment and fight hard every day until the election, and it is why we are preparing to reveal the details of the largest election campaign in our 21-year history…]

[…]

1. "One Year From Election, Trump Trails Biden but Leads Warren in Battlegrounds," The New York Times, November 4, 2019
https://act.moveon.org/go/113142?t=8&akid=250957%2E36782652%2EeVW7m3

2. "Trump's Electoral College Edge Could Grow in 2020, Rewarding Polarizing Campaign," The New York Times, July 19, 2019
https://act.moveon.org/go/113143?t=10&akid=250957%2E36782652%2EeVW7m3

3. "One Year From Election, Trump Trails Biden but Leads Warren in Battlegrounds," The New York Times, November 4, 2019
https://act.moveon.org/go/113142?t=12&akid=250957%2E36782652%2EeVW7m3

[…]

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This email was sent to C. Estabrook on November 20, 2019. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. If you'd like to receive less frequent emails from MoveOn, you can click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.