[Peace-discuss] Coup by the 'intelligence community' & the establishment

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Oct 14 20:38:03 UTC 2019

I agree that the way the intelligence agencies have inserted themselves
into the political process is very troubling.

Democrats seem to have forgotten that this started with Comey's
intervention against Hillary.

Or else they don't care, we have a new "norm" now that seeking such
intervention is fair game for both parties, and the winner is whoever does
it more effectively and gets away with it.

I support impeachment if and only if they impeach Trump for continuing
unconstitutional U.S. participation in the Saudi war in Yemen even after
Congress voted against it. Those are facts that are beyond dispute. No
investigation is necessary. No classified intelligence is necessary. No
speculation about motives is necessary. It's a fact that Congress never
authorized U.S. participation in the Saudi war in Yemen. It's a fact that
Trump continued U.S. participation in the war even after Congress voted
against it. It's a fact that under Article I of the Constitution and the
War Powers Resolution of 1973, Congress, not the President, is supposed to
decide on the use of force.