[Peace-discuss] [Peace] On the Importance of Being _Important_

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 16:24:47 UTC 2019

If Not Now is the only Jewish peace organization that seems to be creating
any friction in the political system right now, as far as I am seeing, by
going after Dem POTUS candidates.

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/10/pro-israel-org-says-warren-campaign-assured-them-that-anti-occupation-staffer-wouldnt-be-working-on-middle-east-policy/

Justice Democrats is trying to unseat Eliot Engel. That would be a big
deal, since Eliot Engel is chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, a
key Nancy Pelosi pro-war lieutenant. Eliot Engel voted for the Iraq war,
voted against the Iran nuclear deal, voted to keep sending cluster bombs to
Saudi Arabia, is hyper-AIPAC. If Engel goes down, it would be like Crowley
going down. The Justice Democrats candidate is Jamaal Bowman, a public
school principal who has attacked Engel on foreign policy, including his
vote for the Iraq war.

https://www.bowmanforcongress.com