[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [New post] Meditations On Twitter’s Silencing Of Daniel McAdams

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Sep 6 02:58:12 UTC 2019

I know Daniel McAdams a bit. He helped us get Republicans on board with
challenging unconstitutional U.S. participation in the Saudi war in Yemen
by invoking the War Powers Resolution, among other contributions to peace.
I agree that this is sad and annoying - sad that this happened, sad that
Twitter management has this kind of unaccountable control over who can
participate in what has become a very influential platform for discussing
war and peace. I get why some people find the epithet "retarded" very
offensive. It was commonplace when I was in high school, and I had to work
at removing its use from my active vocabulary. But this kind of ad hoc
banning policy is not the right way to deal with this issue - it's a
dangerous threat to important free speech, as documented here.

===

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy