[Peace-discuss] Bernie Sanders never needed your vote because he wasn't running to win

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Apr 8 22:07:29 UTC 2020

Debra Schrishuhn quoted PDAmerica.org which wrote:
>   *Stay in the race Bernie Sanders. America needs you now more than ever*

Apparently Bernie Sanders doesn't agree with the Progressive Democrats of America
(PDAmerica.org).

America never needed his 2 most recent presidential campaigns but the Dems found them
useful. I can't call them failed presidential campaigns because I think that Bruce
Dixon got it right years ago[1], Sanders is a Democratic Party sheepdog: he succeeded
at his real goal of drawing people into the Democratic Party and leaving them at the
hands of powerful people who do not share their policy goals.

We've got footage of Sanders endorsing neolib/neocon Hillary Clinton in the 2016
race. Eventually we'll get footage of Sanders more explicitly endorsing neolib/neocon
Joe Biden in the 2020 race. Only a formality remains; Sanders has again repeated his
mantra "Joe Biden is a very decent man" as he dropped out[3].

Even Jimmy Dore (who bought Tulsi Gabbard's "anti-war" shtick) came around to seeing
that the Democrats are feckless and Sanders never ran to win[2]. And we all know how
Gabbard's political career went: she joined the Democrats in endorsing Biden (perhaps
another disaffected former Sanders supporter) and said "Although I may not agree with
the Vice President on every issue, I know that he has a good heart and is motivated
by his love for our country and the American people. I’m confident that he will lead
our country guided by the spirit of aloha — respect and compassion — and thus help
heal the divisiveness that has been tearing our country apart.". Her political swan
song really went the extra PR mile to distract attention away from the reality of
Biden's record.

In his end-of-campaign video Sanders also called for "assembling as many delegates as
possible at the Democratic convention where we will be able to exert significant
influence over the party platform and other functions". But everyone knows that the
party platform is meaningless and nobody knows what these "other functions" are but
they probably don't matter either because Sanders doesn't have any leverage to wield.

Are the Democrats really going to hold an in-person Democratic Party convention in
Milwaukee on August 17? That choice would be consistent with the contempt for human
health and safety Biden showed when he called for the public to participate in the
DNC corporation selections (so-called "elections" but we all know that party bosses
control the outcome and the rest is political theater).

PDAmerica.org wrote:
> We understand that many Democrats are calling for Bernie to drop out. They
> say that Joe Biden is so far ahead that the time has come for party unity,
> for focusing on Donald Trump.  While we agree about the necessity of
> defeating Donald Trump, we arrive at the opposite conclusion: The
> Democratic Party, and all Americans, will benefit from Bernie continuing
> his campaign in this historic moment.

Anyone who calls for "the necessity of defeating Donald Trump" (said as
euphemistically as Democrats endorsed 'voting for a woman' in 2016) -- meaning, with
the Democrat Joe Biden -- is siding with the neocons and neolibs. If the pattern
holds, next comes the Democratic Party message shift to keeping progressives at bay
with variations on "how dare you run against Joe Biden!".

Wouldn't it be better for the people if the Democrats dropped out since they
represent the same major interests as the Republicans and apparently oppose what's
good for the American public?

[1] https://www.blackagendareport.com/bernie-sanders-sheepdog-4-hillary
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YUYRHrFODU around 22 minutes.
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DSAmRwL5pM around 7m17s.