[Peace-discuss] DNC corporation primary voting results in 1 known death in Chicago so far

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Apr 17 01:25:25 UTC 2020

I wrote:
> Democratic primary voters were recently compelled to choose between risking
> contracting Coronavirus or voting in that primary (a clear sign showing that the
> Democratic Party doesn't care about your life and all but nullifying any argument
> against what Trump said about Coronavirus/"Coronaflu" as Trump tried to minimize
> it).

And now we have some results from the Democratic Party primary where multiple
prominent Democrats urged people to vote in Illinois in their party primary:

https://nypost.com/2020/04/14/chicago-voters-warned-after-poll-worker-dies-from-coronavirus/

> Chicago election officials are warning primary voters of possible exposure to the
> coronavirus after a city poll worker died from the bug and a voter became
> infected, according to reports.
>
> The Chicago Board of Election Commissioners is notifying voters by letter who cast
> ballots at four locations citywide during last month’s Illinois primary, the
> Chicago Tribune reports.
>
> The 60-year-old poll worker who passed away, Revall Burke, was stationed at the
> Zion Hill Baptist Church during the Illinois primary on March 17. He died of
> COVID-19 on April 1, just over two weeks later, WMAQ reports.
>
> Letters will now be sent to all poll workers from that location, as well as people
> who voted there, field investigators and cartage company employees, the station
> reports.
>
> “Although the Board took every precaution possible by supplying poll workers with
> hand sanitizers, gloves and instructions for wiping down the equipment, the fact
> remains that an individual who has now tested positive voted at the same Polling
> Place,” the letter reads.

"Every possible precaution" except telling people that their lives are worth more
than sating the DNC corporation's greed. Sen. Sanders' campaign manager (in front of
Sanders in a video chat), Biden (via Twitter), and DNC Chair Tom Perez each
encouraged voting in Illinois in the Democratic Party primary.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-chicago-poll-worker-dies-covid-cornavirus-20200413-rz55vqpo6jfbxn7e4i6vkj6n2y-story.html
covers Revall Burke's death as well.

Before you conclude that the DNC's choices only hurt Burke and his loved ones,
consider that people who participated in that primary voting (in any capacity) could
be infected and spread COVID-19. The decision to insist on this mass gathering could
have hurt or killed more than we know. It's not clear how many confirmed COVID-19
cases (now up to 25,733[1]) are attributable to the Democratic Party but it seems
right and proper to me to blame that party for helping to spread the infection during
a time when it was clear that we were all supposed to be keeping our distance from
one another ("social distancing") and only leave home for important necessities (such
as groceries and medicine). We were clearly not supposed to engage in an unnecessary
exercise where the outcome was already widely known -- Biden already had the party
primary cinched up (going by the capricious DNC rules) by the Illinois' election date.

In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reya4KA-lP8 Kit Cabello reports that there were
also unsanitary conditions at the polling places: "people were jam packed together,
the lines were long, there was not that 6-foot distance that's mandatory now that
people are doing where you hear in grocery stores. People were close.".

[1]
https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-viz-coronavirus-cases-in-illinois-20200304-wz44mgw6wrd5zmzngx4kc3z6a4-htmlstory.html