[Peace-discuss] No, Mayor Pete, we're not trying to "burn the house down."

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 15:15:37 UTC 2020

https://www.facebook.com/robert.naiman/posts/10159178332182656

Mayor Pete fundamentally misrepresents the motivations of the Bernie
supporters when he claims that we want to “burn the house down.” It’s not
true. We don’t want to burn the house down. Just because we’re standing
outside the house with our torches, doesn’t mean that we want to burn it
down. All we want to do is move into the house with our issues. Everybody
who is already in the house can stay in the house if they want, as long as
we also get to live in the house with our issues. The only reason we
brought our torches with us is that all of our previous attempts to move
into the house with our issues were blocked. Open the door to the house,
let us move into the house and bring our issues with us, and we will gladly
extinguish our torches. :)