[Peace-discuss] If AIPAC Can’t Move the Needle in Nevada, Maybe AIPAC Is A Paper Tiger Now

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 19:05:22 UTC 2020

https://www.facebook.com/robert.naiman/posts/10159178963677656

If AIPAC Can’t Move the Needle in Nevada, Maybe AIPAC Is A Paper Tiger Now

Now I’m going to “tell tales out of school.” If our Uncle wins Nevada as
the polls and the forecasts and the media and the other campaigns are
predicting, maybe that suggests that on this field of battle, AIPAC is a
paper tiger now. I read somewhere – maybe it was a text message on my phone
– that our Uncle was being outspent 5 to 1 in Nevada. I think we all know
who was outspending our Uncle 5 to 1 in Nevada. I think we all know who
dropped $800,000 on TV ads against our Uncle in Iowa. What if they outspend
our Uncle 5 to 1 in Nevada and it has no discernible impact on what voters
in Nevada do? Didn’t seem to have that much impact on voters in Iowa, did
it? What might that suggest? It might suggest that on this field of battle,
AIPAC is a paper tiger now. What might that suggest about how the
“Democratic-controlled” House has been voting and not voting on ending the
wars in the Middle East? Maybe it would suggest that “fear of AIPAC” has
been somewhat overblown as a causation story about how the
“Democratic-controlled” House has been voting and not voting on ending the
wars in the Middle East. There’s a Washington trick where you lead people
to believe that something bad about you is true, in order to cover up
something worse. Washington people let you think that they’re stupid, or
cowardly, or ego-driven, in order to cover up the fact that they’re
corrupt. Maybe the purported “fear of AIPAC” was deliberately inflated to
cover up the corruption of the “Democratic-controlled” House. Maybe we
could have beaten these people in the “Democratic-controlled” House before,
if we had fought them in the “Democratic-controlled” House before, like we
are fighting them in Nevada now. Maybe we could beat them in the
“Democratic-controlled” House now, if we fought them in the
“Democratic-controlled” House now, like we are fighting them now in Nevada.
Maybe we don’t need to wait until January 2021 to do something about U.S.
wars in the Middle East. It’s worth thinking about, isn’t it? Think of all
the lives that could be spared!