[Peace-discuss] My concern today

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Feb 22 00:04:12 UTC 2020

Robert Naiman via Peace-discuss wrote:
> Look at the bright side. A bunch of Hillary's "deplorables" are going to
> come over to Team Bernie and help elect Bernie POTUS. :)

According to the DNC corporation's lawyer, Bruce Spiva, speaking to the court in the
lawsuit brought by disaffected 2016 Sanders supporters:

 From http://jampac.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/042517cw2.pdf

> Bruce Spiva: [...] We're gonna, you know, choose our standard bearer, and we're
> gonna follow these general rules of the road, which we are voluntarily deciding,
> we could have — and we could have voluntarily decided that, Look, we're gonna go
> into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that
> way. That's not the way it was done. But they could have. And that would have
> also been their right [...]

Maybe the DNC doesn't need anyone's help to prevent Sanders from becoming POTUS.
After all, Sanders insists on running only in the party that (so far) won't let him
compete in the race to become president.