[Peace-discuss] Don't let the corporate-friendly outlets tell you what to watch/hear/read

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Feb 25 01:16:35 UTC 2020

Brussel, Morton K via Peace-discuss wrote:
> Gee, maybe I should start paying attention to Fox News?

Some of it is worth your time. The Gray Zone's Aaron Mate and Anya Parampil have been
interviewed on Tucker Carlson's show (multiple times), for instance. Carlson has good
things to say on war issues which, one could convincingly argue, are among the most
important things one can comment on.

I'd be wary of letting the state propagandists at corporate-friendly outlets tell us
which media to dismiss. RT, for instance, is dismissed as "Russian propaganda" by
those who side with Hillary Clinton's endless pursuit of an excuse for losing to
another political novice[1]. But RT often covers views you won't hear on
corporate-friendly media. For example, RT has had serious and principled coverage of
Julian Assange for a while including the only recorded coverage of Assange's forced
eviction from the Ecuadorian embassy (the other networks gave up and left even though
WikiLeaks told us all when to keep an eye on the embassy's doors). It was very
shameful that the corporate-friendly media had to license footage from RUPTLY, RT's
dead-roll camera outlet. Now RT has a Julian Assange documentary
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630X89TbI74) that is worth watching.

[1] I doubt Obama was very well known even to Illinois residents until he got a boost
from the ugly Ryan divorce when salacious details came out which contributed to Ryan
dropping out of that 2004 U.S. Senate race against Obama.