[Peace-discuss] [Peace] News from Neptune #446

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 4 17:10:03 UTC 2020

Excellent discussion, most folks know I agree completely with David Green in relation to Carl’s overly positive attitude to Trump, attempting a defense. Our foreign policy being conducted by the “permanent state,” is without doubt, but doesn’t excuse the President or Administration carrying out or implementing interventions, sanctions, invasions, bombings etc. We took this stand when it was a Democrat in the WH, and the same applies to the Republican in the WH.

That being said, Carl is absolutely on target in respect to the broader picture and goals of our corporate capitalist system. We were disappointed when Chomsky warned against Trump leaving us with Hilary whom we knew was a warmonger, rather than Jill Stein as the third Party candidate whom we knew would not bow to corporate supporters.

Wm. Blum, god rest his soul, warned us in 2016 of the consequences of a Trump administration being the neocons supporting him, and their goals of control of Iran. He made the point which I think makes a lot of sense after reading Zbigniew’s “The Grand Chess Board,” that being control of Russia requires control of Iran, not Blums exact words, but that is the essence and we should recognize that Russia is necessary to preventing US control of China, they need each other. This has been the strategy since the “White Paper,” as Carl has pointed out frequently.

It’s important we focus on the system and the power behind the throne which we know does not share the same  “interests” thus they do differ in relation to tactics, but the end goal control of Eurasia by whatever means still stands. China is the ultimate goal, their markets as well as labor, and these ideas and discussions date back to the late 1800’s. Imperialism is the foundation holding up our capitalist system, as it continues to impoverish most of the working class around the world, it is the tool being used to support capitalism and must be defeated.

One step in the process is focus on class as David points out frequently.

In spite of the bad weather and some thinking that there will be no war with Iran, is it something to be ignored? Hope to see you all this afternoon protesting wars in the Middle East.