[Peace-discuss] Nancy Pelosi Isn’t a Warhawk Like the Queen of the Warmongers

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:48:45 UTC 2020

https://www.facebook.com/robert.naiman/posts/10159069925577656

Nancy Pelosi Isn’t a Warhawk Like the Queen of the Warmongers

The recent intervention by the Queen of the Warmongers against Team Bernie
presents us with yet another Teachable Moment for understanding Washington,
DC political culture as it relates to the Warmonger DNC Dem Establishment.
I have previously noted that, when trying to understand Warmonger DNC Dem
Establishment political culture, “snake” is not a useful distinction,
because “snake behavior is normal” consciousness is a standard feature of
Warmonger DNC Dem Establishment political culture, so that saying that
someone who relates to Warmonger DNC Dem Establishment political culture is
a “snake” is like saying that a someone who relates to Warmonger DNC Dem
Establishment political culture is “close to AIPAC.” You didn’t learn
anything. It’s “snake” and “AIPAC” all the way down. In the case of AIPAC,
I have argued that we have to distinguish between “normal AIPAC” and “hyper
AIPAC.” We can refer to someone who relates to Warmonger DNC Dem
Establishment political culture as “normal AIPAC” when they do whatever
AIPAC wants when the toiling progressive Democratic masses are not watching
and engaged. We can refer to someone who relates to Warmonger DNC Dem
Establishment political culture as “hyper AIPAC” when they do whatever
AIPAC wants even when the toiling progressive Democratic masses are
watching and engaged.

Joe Lieberman was hyper AIPAC. He went up to 11. He was one louder. He was
a True Believer. I saw it with my own eyes in Connecticut in August 2006.
In his support for the Iraq war, he was like a tree that was standing by
the water. He would not be moved. He preferred to go down in flames in a
Democratic Primary in Connecticut in 2006 than to take three steps away
from his support for the Iraq war. “Hier bin ich. Ich kann nicht anders.” I
have a certain respect for that, like Boris Spassky respected Bobby
Fischer, like the CIA respected the KGB. You’re me, on the other side.

The Queen of the Warmongers is not like that. The Queen of the Warmongers
supported Obama’s Iran deal. At the eleventh hour, at the last minute, but
she supported it. Not every Democrat supported Obama’s Iran deal. Chuck
Schumer, Bob Menendez, Ben Cardin, and Joe Manchin voted against it.
Menendez said that decorated war hero John Kerry was spouting “talking
points from Tehran.” Eliot Engel and Ted Lieu voted against it. So you
can’t put the Queen of the Warmongers in the top bucket of warmongers with
Joe Lieberman. She wasn’t a tree standing by the water. She could be moved.
In 2007, the Queen of the Warmongers voted against Bush’s Iraq “surge.”
Later, when she was Obama’s Secretary of State, she “confessed” to Obama’s
Republican Secretary of State, Robert Gates, that she had voted against
Bush’s 2007 Iraq “surge” for “political reasons.” She was “pandering” to
the toiling progressive Democratic masses – us – because she was planning
to run for POTUS in 2008. So she wasn’t a tree that was planted by the
water. She could be moved. On the other hand, when she was Obama’s
Secretary of State, she was the main organizer of and cheerleader for the
unconstitutional Libya war, which Robert Gates opposed on realist grounds.
The unconstitutional Libya war unleashed a chain of biblical catastrophes
in the Middle East which we are still working to unwind, including the
Yemen war and the Syria war. So while the Queen of the Warmongers is not
Joe Lieberman, she is close by. If Joe Lieberman is a 10, let’s give the
Queen of the Warmongers a 9.

If the Queen of the Warmongers is a 9, what is Nancy Pelosi? Nancy Pelosi
voted against the Iraq war and supported the Iran deal. But every single
one of her chosen national security lieutenants – Steny Hoyer, Eliot Engel,
Adam Smith, and Adam Schiff – voted for the Iraq war. Eliot Engel voted
against the Iran deal. Steny Hoyer voted for the Iran deal but put out a
statement trashing the deal that could have been written by Donald Trump
and Sheldon Adelson. The entire House Democratic leadership backed Trump’s
“maximum pressure” strategy against Iran that brought us to the brink of
war, including new sanctions that violated the Iran deal. But none of these
people is Joe Lieberman, because under pressure from the toiling
progressive Democratic masses they moved on the Yemen war and they moved on
the Iran war. So none of these people can be a 10. Are they all a 9? Here’s
another piece of information: in the 2008 Obama-Hillary race, when Obama
had won a majority of elected delegates but hadn’t sealed the nomination
because of the unelected superdelegates who were supporting Hillary, Nancy
Pelosi wrote a letter saying that the unelected superdelegates should
respect the will of the majority of Democratic voters and back Obama. For
this thoughtcrime, Nancy Pelosi got scolded by Haim Saban and other
warmonger donors to the DNC who were backing Hillary, who told Nancy Pelosi
to butt out. So Nancy Pelosi can’t be a 9, she has to be an 8. Because when
the majority of Democratic voters were on one side, and the Queen of the
Warmongers and Haim Saban were on the other, Nancy Pelosi tried to stand up
to the Queen of the Warmongers. Nancy Pelosi can’t be a 9, she has to be an
8, because when push came to shove, and the house lights were on, and the
toiling progressive Democratic masses were watching, Nancy Pelosi stood up
for democracy in the Democratic Party against the Queen of the Warmongers
and Haim Saban.