[Peace-discuss] News from Neptune #448 notes

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Jan 25 20:31:38 UTC 2020

News from Neptune #448
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF951fpWbV0
A "What War?" edition

A list of links to items referenced on the show.

Paul Street's articles on CounterPunch
https://www.counterpunch.org/author/paul-street/

Rob Urie's articles on CounterPunch
https://www.counterpunch.org/author/3abre/

Benjamin Studebaker & Aimee Terese's show "What's Left?"
https://soundcloud.com/whatisleftpod/ -- list of recent episodes
https://twitter.com/whatisleftpod -- Twitter account
https://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:595199712/sounds.rss -- RSS feed

Recent Jimmy Dore Show pieces about Elizabeth Warren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5JWIiVMj6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vrzgVczc1Y -- CNN Conflates #MeToo & Warren's Attack
On Bernie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmyc--yEjHk -- Audio Confirms Warren's Attack On
Bernie As Predicted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsXBm7aPPqA -- Progressive Destroys CNN's Garbage
Bernie/Warren Reporting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ_xK4_dpxw -- Bernie's Poll Numbers RISE After
Warren Attack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UjRmQ5-CE -- Meghan McCain Twists Liz Warren Like
Pretzel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5X0OReq2IY -- NYTimes Blatantly Lying About
Bernie/Warren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQTWM1_qIcI -- Bernie/Warren Smackdown Start To Finish

Paul Street on "A Letter From Iowa"
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/01/24/a-letter-from-iowa/

Tucker Carlson Tonight
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlTLHnxSVuIzrARlmz9oCfQEF08UV-v-E

New York Times Endorses Both Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar for Democratic Nominee
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/19/opinion/amy-klobuchar-elizabeth-warren-nytimes-endorsement.html

Daniele Albertazzi & Duncan McDonnell define populism
http://www.palgrave.com/resources/sample-chapters/9780230013490_sample.pdf
https://web.archive.org/web/20150924103230/http://www.palgrave.com/resources/sample-chapters/9780230013490_sample.pdf

Populism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Katie Miranda's Elizabeth Warren as contortionist
https://mondoweiss.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/lizloz.jpg
https://mondoweiss.net/2020/01/warrens-praise-and-occasional-criticism-of-israel-reflects-liberal-establishment-thinking/

Jimmy Dore shows Krystal Ball confusing a Clinton advisor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GT2EOL13Wo

Two suggestions on how to defeat New York Times' limited reading:

1. Turn off Javascript when reading pages from nytimes.com. This is easy to do in
Firefox with the uMatrix browser add-on. This will also make all browsing faster.

2. Delete nytimes.com cookies after you no longer have any nytimes.com windows/tabs
open. This is easy to do in Firefox with the Cookie AutoDelete add-on.

These add-ons might work in other browsers as well, but I only recommend free
software (software we're free to run, inspect, share, and modify). So I recommend
Firefox.

Elizabeth Bruenig on "Bernie Will Have to Fight Dirty"
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/24/opinion/sanders-biden-2020-corruption.html

Elizabeth Bruenig 'tweet' on her young child
https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1221067805698723843

DNC lawyer Bruce Spiva to the court in the lawsuit started by the Bernie Sanders 2016
supporters against the DNC on how much power the DNC has to determine their own
corporate representative (also known as the Democratic Party candidate for US President)
http://jampac.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/042517cw2.pdf

Tulsi Gabbard suing Hillary Clinton on Aaron Maté's "Pushback with Aaron Maté"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0BhVyWLBfQ

Asad Abukhalili ("The Angry Arab") twitter.com posts on corporate media and corporate
social media misrepresentation of the Iraqi protests against continued US occupation:
https://twitter.com/asadabukhalil/status/1221131053609312256 -- "This crowd in
Baghdad for example has been more circulated on social media than scenes of the
hundreds of thousands in the anti-US protests of yesterday."

https://twitter.com/asadabukhalil/status/1220918811517284352 -- "A million people
took to the streets in Iraq again act US occupation but NYT managed to cite five
people who are in favor of US occupation. Lousy journalism. ““I reject this kind of
protest — it is an abuse of the American and foreign presence,””"

A followup from Hussain Bakar says the BBC is following suit in not covering the
Baghdad protests properly either:

https://twitter.com/HussainBakar1/status/1220920564941873153 -- "To some extent, same
thing with the BBC too. A correspondent spoke about people who still yearn for the
US' presence."

Aaron Maté interviews Scott Ritter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK2kc0eOGS4

Jim Kavanagh on "Aftermath: The Iran War After the Soleimani Assassination"
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/01/24/aftermath-the-iran-war-after-the-soleimani-assassination/

The Grayzone
https://thegrayzone.com/ -- Main site
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEXR8pRTkE2vFeJePNe9UcQ/videos -- Videos

Glen Ford on "Throw Off the Dead Weight of the Democratic Party" (from February 11, 2016)
https://blackagendareport.com/node/22770
> “Blacks haven’t transformed the Democratic Party by our overwhelming presence.
> Instead, the Party has transformed us – and overwhelmed our radical politics.” The
> best result that can occur from the Sanders campaign would be that it leads to a
> split in the Democratic Party, and an end to the Rich Man’s Duopoly.

All pages on the wsws.org site mentioning "1619 project"
https://www.wsws.org/en/search.html?sectionId=&maxResults=100&phrase=1619+project&submit=Search

Tom Mackaman on "An interview with historian Clayborne Carson on the New York Times’
1619 Project"
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/01/15/clay-j15.html

"Higher Ground" program on WEFT
http://new.weft.org/publicaffairs/higherground.html

Adolph Reed, Jr. on "What Materialist Black Political History Actually Looks Like"
https://nonsite.org/editorial/what-materialist-black-political-history-actually-looks-like

J.B. Nicholson's notes
https://lists.chambana.net/pipermail/peace-discuss/2020-January/051809.html
https://lists.chambana.net/pipermail/peace/2020-January/015648.html