[Peace-discuss] Jesse Ventura on why he can't run for POTUS, Killer cops

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Thu Jun 11 23:17:06 UTC 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99DumiDDOVM -- (41m 14s) Jimmy Dore interview from
yesterday. In short:

Jesse Ventura co-hosts "The World According to Jesse" with Brigida Santos on RT
(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLagVUKF7CUTR4fIiDHxGpe38eAJWgzVQ8).

* Jesse Ventura said at 2m 3s into that recording:
> I thought about running this year and I inquired in, I thought my best way in was
> the Green Party, but unfortunately they couldn't give me a clear path to the
> nomination even though, I don't know if you heard, there was a poll done by one of
> the major poll companies and it was played on Fox News listing Biden, Trump, and
> me and without even being a candidate I polled 18%.

* Chris Hedges wanted to run for Congress in the upcoming elections. Hedges hosts
RT's "On Contact with Chris Hedges"
(https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLagVUKF7CUTRiG64CklL1AN0mbmNaETfp). Hedges
said he couldn't run his RT show and run for US Congress at the same time. Ventura
also notes that he "would have immediately lost his job and I would have immediately
lost my health care" (5m 3s). Just so you know: Jimmy Dore occasionally substitute
hosts Ventura's show when Ventura is on leave.

Therefore:

1. Everything is connected as the SDS told us.

2. We pay another price for HMOs which we can't easily translate into money --
healthcare costs (particularly for people in need of such care, as Ventura said that
he is, he said he's "in the middle of a medical in his family") are too high to lose
one's path to getting said healthcare. Medicare for All is how we properly liberate
ourselves from this, even if Medicare for All means HMOs go out of business and their
workers need to be retrained to do something else (because Medicare is far more
efficient than private HMOs and apparently we won't need all of those private HMO
workers to do their current jobs).

But Ventura will reconsider running in July depending on how some medical tests come out.

Plus on https://www.youtube.com/user/TYTComedy/videos (Jimmy Dore's YouTube channel)
there are plenty of videos of cops beating people, pushing people down (including
footage of a 75-year-old activist who was pushed down by a copy and hit his head on
the pavement so loudly you could hear it across the street).

It's not clear to me precisely what "defund the police" means. Linda Sarsour's recent
interview with Democracy Now --
https://www.democracynow.org/2020/6/8/bill_de_blasio_nypd_police_funding --
ostensibly discussed this but ended up raising more questions than it answered (and
Amy Goodman didn't require anything difficult of Sarsour to get her to elucidate what
she claimed to define).

-J