[Peace-discuss] Recommended videos and notes

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Mon Jun 15 23:05:04 UTC 2020

[My earlier post of this same material was blocked a few minutes ago. I'll see if
this repost goes through.]

Here are some more recommended videos:

Consortium News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwbuZot33e0 -- (1h 45m 46s) Spying on Assange: CIA vs
Assange.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQJkOl92sbw -- (1h 6m 36s) CN Live: America in Revolt.

Grayzone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1E9-eoNkc -- (25m 15s) Busting copaganda: the truth
behind police "taking a knee" & "joining protests".

RT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVv__4EIS4M -- (28m 15s) Chris Hedges interviews Glen
Ford on the George Floyd protests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIqKz-AEblg -- (27m 56s) Episode of "Renegade Inc"
interview with Ajamu Baraka on "The language of the unheard" and what the rioting is
really about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lytq1S410eI -- (26m 34s) 2020-06-14 episode of
CrossTalk with Joti Brar and another guest. Good discussion of the hollow theatrics
we see from establishment media (taking a knee, wearing kinte cloth, propaganda
instead of policy change, and so on)

RT's Caleb Maupin interviews Joti Brar

https://thecommunists.org/2019/11/03/tv/joti-brar-interview-caleb-maupin/ -- (55m
54s) the interview URL can be extracted and downloaded from this webpage with a
program such as youtube-dl (http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/). If you need a copy,
let me know and I'll see about getting you a copy (it's a 411MB Matroska file). The
interview is from (roughly) 2019-11-03 so it predates the current goings-on but is
still relevant (and far more relevant than the identity politics that passes for
analysis now).

-J