[Peace-discuss] News from Neptune, research

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Thu Mar 12 15:35:00 UTC 2020

Joe Biden giving a speech at one of his own rallies:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men-n-women created -- by the -- go
-- you know, you know the thing."

Your research on this is busy writing itself, almost faster than I can get it all down in notes like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbKfw8mojGc -- Matt Orfalea's latest video is an honest Joe Biden ad called 'Character' featuring some of Joe Biden's recent hits:

"I'm gonna wrap this chain around your head!" (Delaware 2017 speech where Biden "recounts nearly wrapping a chain around a gang leader named Corn Pop's head" according to https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/15/delaware-2017-joe-biden-recounts-wrapping-chain-gang-leader-corn-pop/ )

"Look, fat" (Biden referring to an older man during the 2020 POTUS race),

"Poor kids are just as bright as white kids" ("Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. raised eyebrows on Thursday during a speech in Iowa when he said that “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids”" according to the New York Times in https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/us/politics/joe-biden-poor-kids.html)

"I'm like the token black or the token woman",
"See, I went to the big guys for the money",
and "You run the risk of deciding whether or not you’re going to prostitute yourself to give the answer you know they want to hear in order to get funded to run for that office"  (arguing "in terms of getting funding from donors" according to the Daily Caller in https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/27/flashback-biden-token-black-token-woman/ 2 years into his first term as a Delaware Senator)

"You know, you know the thing" (see above, 2020 speech in front of supporters at Biden rally during POTUS race)

But if Orfalea had waited just one more week to make that fake campaign ad he could have added some more recent quips:

"You're full of shit" (Biden to a gun enthusiast union worker during the 2020 POTUS race),

"You're a damn liar" (Biden to an Iowan voter in the 2020 POTUS race),

And think of the fun Joe's wife Jill Biden offers! Here's a taste:

From https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/19/politics/jill-biden-joe-biden-beat-donald-trump/
Jill Biden: Your candidate might be better on, I don't know, health care, than Joe
is, but you've got to look at who's going to win this election. And maybe you have
to swallow a little bit and say, 'OK, I personally like so and so better,' but
your bottom line has to be that we have to beat Trump.
Just think of what's to come...and think of how none of these would be described as "gaffes" or merely "odd" & "rather unusual" (as Vox recently put it in https://www.vox.com/2020/2/10/21131327/biden-dog-faced-pony-soldier-new-hampshire when Vox tried to paper over how Biden told college student Madison Moore, "a young female voter [who asked] why voters should believe if he can win" at a New Hampshire campaign event. Biden asked Moore "You ever been to a caucus?" and Moore responded that she had, Biden responded "No you haven’t. You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier."). If Trump said that, he'd be described in far worse terms and anyone using such lightweight criticism would be accused of co-signing Trump's needless aggression. We might get another chorus of how Trump was unfit for office due to the way he treated a woman.

Yet these quotes are all from former VP Biden who is currently the leading candidate in the Democratic Party primary (and certainly the preferred candidate by the neocons and neolibs).

How ironic is it that Biden's "gaffes" lowering him to Trump's level means all we have left to discuss are substantive issues like war & peace, healthcare, the climate, and how the economy serves the interests of the 1% and undermines the 99%? Whatever you do, don't look at the underlying system of what Chris Hedges rightly called "a one-choice election" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPOaLKj-pks).

Related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB1UIE2WQy0 -- Jimmy Dore's excellent coverage exposing how Joe Biden lied on Lawrence O'Donnell's MSNBC show (to no objection from corporate stenographer O'Donnell, of course) about his support for the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Biden's lying is exposed via clips from a speech Biden gave (footage from C-SPAN), versus what Biden says now, via his recent MSNBC interview.

-JB Nicholson