[Peace-discuss] Proving Bruce Dixon right, years after he wrote that Sen. Sanders was a "sheepdog" for the Democratic Party

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 14 01:50:31 UTC 2020

The question is: What do people do in the present situation, people like me. Vote Green?

You appear to be certain about what a Sanders could (not) do if elected. I do not have that certainty, and I retain some “hope” that he could move things more forward, more justice and empathy, more consideration of the environment and global climate effects, than to have a Trump triumph, the likely outcome if Biden were to become the Dem nominee.

Another thought: The power brokers of the Dem establishment, may well know that Biden would be a disaster for the party's chances in the election and will arrange for somebody else to take his place. Otherwise, one can cynically believe that they don’t care what happens to their party, as you seem to suggest, not unhappy with a renewed Trump presidency.

A pretty dreadful state of affairs. I’d take my chances, with all the valid criticisms of him, to Sanders. A lesser apocalypse.

Perhaps the economy or the coronavirus will render its judgements.