[Peace-discuss] Recommended videos for your time spent at home while COVID-19 infects an unknown number of people

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sun Mar 15 22:23:46 UTC 2020

In keeping with the ideas in this thread, consider a few recent videos:

Jimmy Dore & co.

In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyqsCEPmyUM Dore & co. are ever so slowly coming
around to realizing that if Sanders can't stand up for his ostensible interests in
his own campaign it's not reasonable to believe that he will stand up for your
interests as POTUS. Perhaps Sanders made the choices he did because he has different
goals than what people impose upon him. Don't get too excited about Dore & co.'s
change of heart about the Democrats -- by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5mMW6dZtfw
they were talking much more supportively about the Democratic Party and Sen. Sanders:
they apparently believe that if COVID-19 came up during a theoretical Pres. Sanders
administration Pres. Sanders would somehow deliver Medicare for All, and Dore
lamented that Sanders is "such a flawed messenger" wishing "he had different flaws"
(around 16m13s). I disagree because that would require a compliant Congress which we
clearly do not have (there is no great cry coming from Congress for bringing either
extant Medicare for All bills to a vote much less passing it even overcoming a Trump
veto. We've needed Medicare for All for decades and when HR676 was ready to be
brought to the floor of either the House or Senate for a vote, nobody did so even
with a majority Democratic Party control of both houses and a Democrat in the White
House).

In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyqsCEPmyUM around 6m30s Dore & co. claimed that
Bernie Sanders was lying when Sanders claimed Joe Biden can beat Trump. In a previous
episode they showed some backing for Sanders' argument on this: They did a live show
where they showed a poll which listed the (then current) Democratic primary
candidates ability to beat Trump in a one-to-one match. Predictably, Sanders ranked
highly on this poll, but Biden ranked highly enough to qualify as 'beating Trump' too
which means the DNC can get everything it wants out of Biden. And since Trump is
safely taking instruction from the permanent government, all likely electoral roads
lead to more continuity of policy. Even if the Democratic Party supporters leave,
judging by how many people follow and believe that primaries matter, it is unlikely
enough of them will leave to truly render the party dead.

In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhO4p5BoDjM Jimmy Dore & co. show that the UN says
exit poll results are way off and strongly suggest voter fraud is going on in the
Democratic Party primaries. According to Christopher Tishlias in the thread starting
with https://twitter.com/Cheese12987/status/1238196046477451264

> Not only are the #ExitPolls WAY off, but @BernieSanders has won every single
> caucus state where votes are hand counted vs electronic voting systems. North
> Dakota, Iowa, & Nevada we’re all victories. American Samoa is the only caucus
> Bernie didn’t win, but fellow progressive @TulsiGabbard came in 2nd place to
> @MikeBloomberg who spent millions & sent 7 staffers to the island. Why is Bernie
> silent when it comes to the @TheDemocrats blatantly rigging the primary yet again
> just like in 2016? #ControlledOpposition #DNCsheepherding #DNCElectionFraud

followed by exit poll snapshots. I can't find any evidence of Bernie Sanders raising
this issue, so I think that Christopher Tishlias' question is apt. It's as if this is
all going down while Sanders remains silent about something that is adversely
affecting his own campaign...again.

Regarding AOC's response on this issue: It's worth mentioning that AOC also supported
making Nancy Pelosi Speaker of the House which is a critical vote against Medicare
for All because Pelosi is a well-known Medicare for All opponent. AOC's vote for
Pelosi therefore puts the lie to any AOC claim of support for Medicare for All (a
nationally important campaign issue).

Here's an excerpt of the discussion in this video from 9m28s:

> Graham Elwood: This is the thing-- when push comes to shove, she's [Alexandria
> Ocasio-Cortez, or AOC] not gonna resist. There's change from within; I don't trust
> anybody within the Democratic Party. I just can't. I can't. Until they say 'quit'.
> They gotta leave. And Tulsi needs to leave, they need to leave and start their own
> party.
>
> Jimmy Dore: I agree with you, but they won't do it.

Where I differ with Dore & co. is the notion that if AOC, Sanders, and Gabbard formed
a new party it would be worth following that new party. I say no, it would not be
worth following that new party for the same reason I don't trust the Democratic Party
-- corruption. Their choice to stay in the irredeemably corrupt Democratic Party
shows me hard evidence that when times are tough they'll side with corruption. I'm
not entirely sanguine on Rep. Gabbard (as you all know so I won't get into here)
either, but Gabbard has announced she's not running to keep her Congressional seat so
she might be ending her political career altogether. But she's also told Primo Nutmeg
that if she runs it will be with the Democratic Party.

Sen. Bernie Sanders' forum:

Biden's recent forum, which by all accounts I saw, was brief (about 5 minutes) went
very poorly and was very embarrassing for him and the Democratic Party as a whole,
and Sanders' fireside chat where you can see him blunt his own critique of Biden's
campaign money sources at by starting with what he routinely says about Biden:

[17m10s into https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xniPOwdM9V4]
> Sen. Bernie Sanders: Joe Biden, who is a friend of mine and a very decent person,
> Joe has received campaign contributions from at least 60 billionaires. He has a
> Super PAC. There are other Super PACs out there, they're attacking us every single
> day coming from the healthcare industry and coming from the Wall Street and the
> Democratic Party. Joe, do you really think you're gonna gain the confidence of the
> American people, the excitement that you need in order to defeat Trump, who is
> clearly the most dangerous President in modern American history -- the people, are
> people gonna believe that you're gonna stand with the working families of this
> country when you are so dependent for your funding on billionaires and Super PACs
> that are funded in undisclosed ways by the wealthiest people in this country?

The only comedy news program worth watching -- Redacted Tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-zLOuc4tY -- the only comedy news program that puts
a fine point on capitalism, proper priorities (particularly in a health crisis), and
doesn't frame it as Trump Derangement Syndrome (things are far too serious for TDS
lies). This also gets into the untrustworthy primary election results coming from the
Democratic Party primary.