[Peace-discuss] Blocked by FB

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Wed Mar 25 01:51:34 UTC 2020

May have been a glitch. Here’s the gist:

Chomsky gives a grim assessment of the government’s response to COVID-19: “There’s a concept of economy and efficiency. You should have just enough beds for what you need tomorrow. You shouldn’t prepare for the future. Right? So the hospital system’s crashing. Simple things like tests which you can easily get in a country South Korea, you can’t get here. So the coronavirus, which should be controlled in a functioning society, is going out of hand here. We’re just not ready for it. What we’re good at, what our leaders are good at, and have been very good at for the last 40 years, is pouring money into the pockets of the rich and the corporate executives while everything else crashes.”