[Peace-discuss] You really should consider watching Jimmy Dore on life & death, banking

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Mar 27 05:32:44 UTC 2020

Jimmy Dore has good takes and interesting guests on his show regarding how COVID-19
is being dealt with economically. Among those episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0960H3hDxc -- California banks suspend mortgages for
4 months for COVID-19 sufferers except for Bank of America which suspends for 30 days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-7uro3A3qU -- with Dylan Ratigan on the stimulus
bill including some news on how little ordinary people are likely to get out of the
deal. It's not over yet, this is still a developing story where the proposals and
figures change every few days, it seems.

Meanwhile, establishment media uncritically covers people who endorse death via COVID-19:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5jdr-YKbc -- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick on Tucker
Carlson's FOX News show endorsed letting seniors die for the economy:

> Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick: ...living in fear of what's happening to this country. And
> you know, Tucker, no one reached out to me and said as a senior citizen are you
> willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that
> all America loves for your children and grandchildren. And if that's the exchange,
> I'm all-in.
Or the CNBC host who endorsed purposefully spreading COVID-19 to kill those who have
a greater chance of death from infection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-5Q628JDwE -- CNBC host:

> CNBC Host: Think about how the world would be if you tried to quarantine everybody
> because of the generic-type flu. Now I'm not saying this is the generic-type flu.
> Maybe we'd be better off if we just gave it [COVID-19] to everybody and then in a
> month it would be over because the mortality rate of this isn't probably isn't
> gonna be any different if we did it that way than the long-term picture...

Related note: Speaking of Tucker Carlson (referenced in the Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick
quote above), Carlson had on some good guests on other life & death matters such Anya
Parampil and Aaron Mate from the Grayzone on the alleged gas attack in Douma which
appears to have been staged (a 4th OPCW leaker has said as much now) and Russiagate
(Russiagate ostensibly helps justify anti-Russian sanctions and sanctions are war).

But Carlson was among those who got Coronavirus very wrong, chastising a CNN report
about what China was doing to help Italy. Carlson claimed this report meant that CNN
had "practically becom[e] emissaries for Beijing". Carlson called COVID-19 "The
Chinese Coronavirus" on his titling, and Carlson said CNN was "pushing China's
agenda" in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfXHmW6SJEc. According to Carlson, the
excerpted CNN report was "just pure bootlicking, flacking for the Communist Chinese
government". I understand that FOX News has since done a sharp (and uncredited)
turnaround in their reporting which means they're doing better reporting on COVID-19
now but they remain remarkably hypocritical in not acknowledging how utterly wrong
their reporting was earlier. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKbwDf51bA for some
clips of this shift in reportage and hypocrisy.

-J