[Peace-discuss] The American Economy is Imploding — and America is, Too

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Fri May 15 04:01:15 UTC 2020

It doesn’t have to go the way this author describes. Suitably increased taxing of the wealthy and corporations canner redistributive, and  thereby create social safety nets. Employment can be increased with federally supported infrastructure, government projects, as was done in the 30’s.   But with the government we now have, it will be difficult. That will have to be changed.

But I’m no economist or political scientist.  I just think that there are alternative governmental  policies possible that he omits in his dark scenario.