[Peace] Suggestion for teach-in speaker on Iraq

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Dec 3 15:03:55 CST 2001

At 02:16 PM 12/03/2001 -0600, Mark Enslin wrote:

>AWARE meeting notes 12/02/01, Part 1

>Teach-In: (Danielle) has been meeting Wednesdays at 6:30 at Danielle's,
>1006 S. Garfield, off Iowa by Carle Park.  Teach-in will be Saturday Dec
>15 10am-5:30pm at McKinley Foundation, 5th and Daniel. The opening
>presentation will be on countries at Risk, then performances, and 3 pairs
>of concurrent sessions on various topics. Needs: 1. A speaker on Iraq 2.
>presenter on hunger in Afghanistan 3. sponsorship from Students for World
>Improvement. Peter requests suggestions of peace organizations in central
>Illinois area to invite to teach-in

To Danielle or Peter or whomever this may concern:

With regard to need #1, a speaker on Iraq, may I suggest that it may not be
too late to request a speaker from Voices in the Wilderness, whose
headquarters is in Chicago?  They may send someone down from Chicago, or
they may be able to suggest someone local.  They've been fighting the Iraqi
sanctions since the sanctions' inception.  I have contact info for that
organization if anyone needs it.

John