[Peace] Must-See TV

Jim Buell jbuell at prairienet.org
Sat Dec 29 20:00:29 CST 2001

Cable viewers may appreciate this heads-up.

CSPAN has some excellent (and some atrocious) programs coming up tonight
and tomorrow. The Chomsky speech that's wrapping up right now will be
rebroadcast at 10 pm (followed by rantings from Ann Coulter - CSPAN does go
from sublime to ridiculous). Book talks tonight and tomorrow include two
looks at the Taliban (including Ahmed Rashid's), plus there's a talk by Jim
Jeffords on why he broke from the GOP, and a 3-hour call-in with Studs
Terkel. Quite a lineup.

We also have some local must-see TV this week. A two-hour program of
highlights from the AWARE teach-in earlier this month will be rebroadcast
this Thursday on Urbana Public TV cable access channel 6, from 8 to 10 pm
this coming Thursday. The same program ran last Thursday from 8 to 10. A
giant thanks to Kord for putting this together!

peace, Jim

here's highlights from the CSPAN schedule (www.cspan.org). Note that they
list times in EST - I've changed them to CST times here. Also note that
CSPAN's notorious for switching around their schedule on short notice, so
anyone interested in viewing/taping these may want to check the website
near broadcast time to see what's changed.